Just a few components that your plumbing should adhere to in order to qualify for compliance;
- Plumbing systems should be durable, resistant to internal and external pressures and environmental factors.
- Plumbing components and workmanship should comply with the requirements of standards.
- All new plumbing installations should be tested and disinfected.
- Water leakage and wastage should be minimised. Plumbing components should be designed, maintained, used and installed with the objective of minimising leakage and wastage.
- Hot water systems should be designed and installed in a way to avoid health hazards such as explosion and overheating.
- Building contents should be protected from adverse effects caused by a malfunction of the plumbing system.
- Plumbers should have adequate training and the public should be made aware of the dangers of poor plumbing components and work.
Other requirements include that plumbing fixture materials should be smooth, non-absorbent, non-porous and corrosion-resistant. Both internal and external surfaces of plumbing fixtures should be easy to clean and free from hidden surfaces that could become fouled. Plumbing fixtures should be sufficiently durable to give satisfactory service over a long period. They should be user friendly and hygienic and their surfaces should be free of sharp surfaces that may cause injury (Jordan, 2004). Potable water discharged from plumbing fixtures should be limited to a maximum flow rate depending on the requirements for water conservation (Frankel, 2004). Roof tanks and other hidden elements of the plumbing system should be provided with overflows that discharge in such a way as to act as a warning before causing damage.
Inadequate plumbing systems can have severe consequences, including the following:
- Pipes or components may leak or burst.
- Explosions of high pressure geysers, with potential injury to people and damage to property.
These are just a few problems that could arise as a result of sub-standard workmanship and lack of compliance.
SEARCHES RELATED TO PLUMBING COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATES
South Africas number 1 company specialising in the issue of plumbing compliance certificates.
Issue of plumbing compliance certificates in Gauteng.
Issue of plumbing compliance certificates in Durban.
Issue of plumbing compliance certificates in Cape Town.
Leading company issuing plumbing compliance certificates.
Skilled people with years of experience in plumbing home inspections.
Well established company specialising in the issue of plumbing compliance certificates.
Prides itself on the successful completion of home inpsections and issue of plumbing compliance certificates.
High standard of quality.
Issue of plumbing compliance certificates at the most reasonable prices.
Contractor for your home inspection and issue of plumbing compliance certificates.
Premier residential and small-scale commercial company specialising in plumbing home inspections.
Specializing in commercial, retail, industrial, government and residential issue of plumbing compliance certificates.
Issue a plumbing COC.